Disney fans arrive in California for D23 Expo 2022 on Friday. This is the first D23 conference since 2019 – the year in which itsLaunched, and will also mark the company’s 100th anniversary (which is next year, but companies prefer to prolong these celebrations.) We got some major announcements from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and more.
Beyond the animated classics that Disney was built on, the company owns, , , , and other beloved franchises, so we expect lots of updates about the upcoming movies, shows, video games, and theme park rides in those universes.
CNET reported live from the convention show floor, capturing all of the panel’s hype and reunion, so let’s take a look at all the big news.
- a particular scenedisclosing that the international community is after the supply of vibranium by the county , Dora Milaje – Wakanda’s all-female special forces unit – won’t let it go easily though. The film hit the theaters on November 11. Director Ryan Coogler showed
- Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantomania debuted Phase 5 of the MCU on February 17, 2023, and features Scott Lang and Hope Van Dyne with their parents Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne on the film. Shown working with my daughter. Cassie Lang to explore the quantum realm. we saw new By taking Cassie hostage, he was trying to force Scott to steal something for her. Too, appeared briefly.
- officially revealed to be helming Which opens in theaters on November 8, 2024. The director was Matt Shuckman
- Captain America: The New World Order Will See Tim Blake Nelson – Last Seen in 2008’s Incredible Hulk – Will return as leader And possibly face Sam Wilson again. And The Falcon and the Winter Soldier will also return, and Israeli superhero/Mossad agent Sabra will make her MCU debut (played by Shira Haas). The film comes out on May 3, 2024.
- thunderbolt’ The lineup was revealed Happen , , , , , And , This dark superhero film directed by director Jake Schreier and will hit the theaters on July 26, 2024.
- Ironheart will seeTechnique and magic fightSee more Anthony Ramos Debut as Parker Robbins/The Hood When the series hits Disney Plus next year.
- covert attack found Jim Rhodes Something will have to be done about it when the series hits Disney Plus in 2023. , revealing a faction of shape-shifting Skrulls who have been infiltrating Earth for years. Nick Fury and
- armor war The Covert Assault leaves with Roddy getting a bunch of new War Machine-style suits of armor. Shooting for the six-part Disney Plus series will begin next year.
- Loki Season 2 hits Disney Plus in the summer of 2023, and Ke Hui Quan – Short Round from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom – Joins the cast. An exclusive trailer hints that the show Go to a group of different time periods in view of ,
- On the Star Wars front, fans were probably most thrilled with the reveal of a new trailer for , Grogu, aka Baby Yoda, is adorable throughout the trailer, but things get tough for his father, as Mando is critically informed that because he took off his helmet, “You’re not the Mandalorian anymore. Huh.” Sure, whatever, but we bet they’re not going to change the name of the show when it comes back on Disney Plus next year.
- The series got its final trailer ahead of its three-episode September 21 Disney Plus premiere., Diego Luna plays Cassian Andor as he is recruited into a rebellion against the Empire, in a show that takes place five years before the events. ,
- Ahsoka, the upcoming live-action series starring Rosario Dawson as former Jedi Ahsoka Tano, some pictures surfaced, This hinted at the show’s link to a CGI animated series. , It will arrive on Disney Plus in 2023.
- Fans also got glimpse, though not trailer, always-dapper The story of a group of youths lost in space.
- Star Harrison Ford gave an emotional speech about the new film, and gave D23 attendees an exclusive look at the first trailer. It hits theaters on June 30, 2023.
Disney Live Action
- The first trailer for the live-action remake of Halle Bailey plays Ariel, along with a clip showing the new version of the show-stopping song Part of Your World.
- We also got our first glimpse of the Snow White live-action remake, which stars West Side Story’s Rachel Ziegler as the titular hero and Gal Gadot as the evil queen, and is set to end in 2024.
- a new trailer for Which hits Disney Plus on September 30.
- a glimpse at , the upcoming prequel from Moonlight director Barry Jenkins. It will unfold the story of Simmba’s father in 2024.
- A trailer for Peter Pan and Wendy, which stars Jude Law as Captain Hook and will stream on Disney Plus in 2023.
- A look at the Haunted Mansion based on the Disney Park ride. It will star Jamie Lee Curtis as the fearsome Madame Leota, and it’s set to come out in 2023.
- Trailer for Disenchanted, the sequel to 2007’s Enchanted, starring Amy Adams. It will hit Disney Plus on November 24.
- Disney Plus miniseries Zootopia Plus, which will feature six new stories set in the world of the 2016 film Zootopia. It will come out on 9th November.
- a look at Which will explore “a futuristic version of Lagos, Nigeria” when it hits Disney Plus in 2023.
- We got another look at Strange Worlds, an animated film starring Jake Gyllenhaal and coming to theaters on November 23.
- Announcement of the animated musical film Wish, which explores the concept of congratulating a star and is set to arrive in the fall of 2023. It stars West Side Story’s Ariana DeBos and Rogue One’s Alan Tudyk.
Disney Theme Park
The highlight of the final day of the show was the theme park focused A limitless future: Disney parks, experiences and products Presentation. It revealed plans for US parks such as California’s Disneyland and Florida’s Disney World, as well as international locations Disneyland Paris, Shanghai Disney Resort, Hong Kong Disneyland Resort and Tokyo Disney Resort:
- Amy Poehler made an appearance to announce , the sequel to the 2015 classic. It will follow a teen Riley, introduce new feelings and is due in the summer of 2024.
- We got an early look at Elemental, the new film coming out in the summer of 2023. It follows Ember, which is made of fire, and Wake, which contains water, as they grow into a city where people are defined by their elemental fulfillment.
- First look at the new film Elio, which follows a bookish child as he makes first contact with aliens. He is brought into their world and becomes Earth’s ambassador to the rest of the universe. It is scheduled for release in spring 2024.
- Win or Lose, an animated series coming to Disney Plus in the fall of 2023, follows a co-ed middle school softball team in the week leading up to their championship game. Each episode takes place that week, which jumps into the perspective of one main character.
20th century studio
- Director James Cameron invited to the event from New Zealand for discussion And the crowd was given 3D glasses to watch some breathtaking footage.
Finally, there’s a major movie coming out of 20th Century studios this year:, the long-awaited sequel to James Cameron. D23 attendees will likely see a new trailer or clip ahead of the film’s December 16 release.
Disney and Marvel Video Games
Disney and Marvel Game Showcase Saw a bunch of revelations:
- Disney Illusion Island, a Nintendo Switch co-op platformer that lets you play as Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goofy, is coming out in 2023.
- Puzzle mystery game Tron: Identity, out in 2023.
- Gargoyles Remastered, an updated version of the classic ’90s platformer. Release date is not clear.
- One Starring Captain America and Black Panther, which did not receive a release date.
- AR mobile game From Pokémon Go developer Niantic, coming in 2023.
We also got a first look at the mobile MMO shooter Avatar: Reckoning (coming soon) and the tactical squad-based action game Aliens: Dark Descent (coming to consoles and PC next year). Marvel’s Midnight Suns was delayed to December 2, and the prequel shorts will build on the narrative when they hit YouTube on October 31.
Movies Coming in 2022 from Marvel, Netflix, DC and More
see all photos
The Best TV Shows of 2022 You Can’t Miss on Netflix, HBO, Disney Plus & More
see all photos