Gayle King: Both Sides Made ‘Efforts’ to Mend Harry, Meghan’s Royal Rift

Gayle King, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle. Sam Santos/Shutterstock; Tim Rook/Shutterstock

making process? After the funeral of Queen Elizabeth II, Gayle King shared his perspective on Prince Harry And Meghan MarkleFuture relations with the rest of the royal family.

“Both sides have made efforts to build this right,” King, 67, claimed during an interview. Excessive on Monday, 19 September. “we will see.”

The host said it “remains to be seen” whether 38-year-old Harry and 41-year-old Meghan will be able to mend the rift. “Are they going to get closer together or are they going to separate?” He continued. “I dunno. I don’t have any insider information about him, but I’ll tell you this: It’s nice to see Harry standing with his family.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex made headlines in 2020 when they announced their plans to step away from their roles in the royal family. A year later, he confirmed the decision had been made permanent and moved to California before the COVID-19 pandemic.

Buckingham Palace wrote in a statement: “Following talks with the Duke, the Queen has written in confirming that it is not possible for the Royal Family to continue with the responsibilities and duties that come with a life of public service outside of work.” ” in February 2021. “Honorary military appointments and royal patronage held by the Duke and Duchess will be returned to Her Majesty before being redistributed among working members of the Royal Family.”

The couple, who exchanged vows in 2018, opened up about the shocking shake-up in an interview. “I was trapped but I didn’t know I was trapped,” Harry said in March 2021. “Stuck within the system like the rest of the family. My father and my brother are trapped. They are not allowed to go and I feel very sorry for that.”

Meghan, for her part, candidly discussed how the British press affected her mental health. “I just didn’t see a solution. I used to sit at night, and I was just, like, I don’t understand how all this is being churned out,” Suit The alum, who shares 3-year-old son Archie and 15-month-old daughter Lilibet with her husband, said at the time. “I realized it was all happening just because I was breathing. I was really ashamed to say this at the time and Harry was ashamed to admit it, especially because I know that What a loss he has suffered.”

Amid professional engagements in the UK, Harry and Meghan joined the royal family in mourning following the death of the late monarch on 8 September at the age of 96. during his journey, King Charles III During his first address since his ascension, he mentioned that he wanted his youngest son to “continue to build” his life with Meghan in California.

Charles, 73, later refused Harry and Meghan at a reception with world leaders on Sunday, 18 September.

“A Palace spokesman reiterated this morning that Sunday’s state reception is ‘only for working royals’.” No further comment or guidance on why the Sussexes were invited (and now appear to be uninvited),” The Royal Reporter omid scobie The tweet came after two people did not attend the event hosted by the former Duke of Cornwall.

Source link